Locating specific pipes, cables and utility RF markers in large underground networks is very complex. Ground distortion effects, caused by differing soil types and proximity to other conductors, make the user’s job more difficult and time-consuming. The most important requirements for a locator under these circumstances are ease of use, accuracy and reliability. Radiodetection’s RD7100+ Utility Locator range addresses these needs with many features that deliver accurate, reliable and repeatable performance. The new RD7100+ marker locators – denoted ‘M’ add RF marker locating to the range, with automatic marker depth estimation and Bluetooth® connectivity as standard
Accurate and simple to use, the RD7100SL comes with four active and two passive frequencies that cover the majority of site locating tasks. A rugged, IP65 rated casing along with a high contrast screen make it suitable for use in all weather conditions.
With four sonde frequencies, the RD7100DL can be used to trace deep pipes made from a variety of materials including: cast iron, clay, concrete and brick. Additionally, it can be used to locate Cathodic Protection System (CPS) signals applied to pipelines.
Designed for use in dense infrastructures where signals from high voltage equipment and cables can be confusing or overwhelming. Dynamic Overload Protection reduces the effect of interference, while Power Filters™ can be used to establish if a large power signal comes from one source or from the presence of multiple cables.
RD7100TL features higher frequencies to locate high impedance cables amongst large bundled pairs and sonde frequencies for duct and conduit tracing. Higher frequencies can also be used to trace sheathed domestic cables without grounding connections. Cable sheath faults can be located to within 4” (10cm) using 8kHz Fault Find mode with a Radiodetection A-Frame.
- Light weight – at only 4.2lbs / 1.9kg or 5lbs / 2.3Kg, for marker models the RD7000+ range is comfortable to use for extended periods.
- IP54 protection rating – can operate in almost any environment
- High contrast backlit LCD screens on both transmitter and locator allow use in any light conditions.
- Radiodetection’s unique automatic marker depth estimation provides measurements when the locator is in close proximity of the marker, without requiring a manual two-step ‘lift up’ process thus providing more accurate results.
- Combined mode allows users to simultaneously scan for cable, pipes and RF markers reducing survey time.
- RD7000+ marker locator models detect all commonly used RF utilities markers enabling use across multiple industries.
- Visually indicates orientation of the target cable
- Allows the operator to quickly and easily follow the target line
- Maximizes depth measurement accuracy by ensuring the locator is correctly aligned with the target line.
- Visually indicates orientation of the target cable
- Guides the user to the central axis of the pipe or cable with dynamic left / right arrows, enhanced with differentiating sound
- Distance from target cable indicated by length of arrow .
- Extends the RD7100+’s locate capability into areas where other products fail
- Automatically filters out large and unwanted signals while ensuring accurate location of the target pipe or cable
- Particularly useful in electrically noisy environments such as power sub stations or near overhead high-voltage cables.
- RD7100+ marker locator models offer Bluetooth connectivity as standard. This allows the locators to interface to external devices for easy transfer of survey data directly into maps and databases.
- PLM and TLM models feature integral logging systems. It helps identifying training and development needs, and provides independent historical records of the instrument’s use. Backed-up data on a PC gives virtually unlimited record keeping for the life of the product.
- These locators also provide a convenient 30-day service countdown reminder. CALSafe, a user selectable tool, can be enabled to enforce a recall for service and calibration by disabling the unit after this date.
Three models capable of delivering up to 10W of true output power, maintaining constant current across their entire bandwidth in direct connect, clamp or inductive modes to enable fast and repeatable surveys. TX-5 model features 8kHz Fault Find functionality; TX-10 models feature both 8kHz Fault Find and Current Direction (CD functions require use of RD8000 locator) functions.
90V output capability: All transmitters offer both 30V and 90V output options, resulting in higher signal current delivered on high impedance target lines than typical transmitters that only offer a 50V output. Higher signals are more locatable signals that travel a longer distance.
SideStepauto™: allows the transmitter to calculate the optimum frequency based on ground impedance. The transmitter uses this information to optimize the active frequency. SideStepauto helps to improve locate accuracy and extends battery life.
ECO mode: extends alkaline battery life by warning the operator and gradually reducing the power output in low battery condition (Tx-5 and Tx-10 models only).
Using the Windows® compatible supporting software, locators can be checked for correct calibration and operation over the internet using eCERT™ (for marker models) or eCAL™ (for non marker models) calibration validation service, without needing to return the RD7000+ to a service center. Operators can then print, email or save a calibration certificate, or book a service should any issues be detected.
The RD7100+ range of locators and transmitters are supported by two application suites for Microsoft® Windows®: Centros Manager for standard cable and pipe locators and RD Manager for marker locators.
- Remote online calibration validation through eCAL™ (for standard locators) or eCERT™ (for marker locators).
- Remote product software update as upgrades are released by Radiodetection.
RD Manager only functionalities:
- Retrieve and manage stored survey data and internal logging.
- Extended warranty registration
- The standard 1 year warranty can be extended to a total of 3 years by registering the equipment. Registration is free and provides access to software upgrades and other online features.
- Available for Precision Cable and Pipe Locators and the Tx Transmitter range.
- Offer increased flexibility.
- Provide improved cost-of-ownership.
- Deliver excellent run-time and superior cold-weather performance by comparison to standard alkaline batteries.
- Can be charged from empty in just three hours from the supplied mains chargers.
- No need for operators to replace, manage and recycle alkaline battery cells, reducing the associated costs, workload and environmental burden.
- Locator rechargeable battery packs are supplied with a mains charger (90V to 240V, 50/60Hz) as standard. An automotive charger (12V to 24V DC) is also available for use on the move.
- Transmitter rechargeable packs are available in kits that include the rechargeable battery pack, a mains charger (90V to 240V, 50/60Hz) and an automotive charger (12V to 24V DC).
- Individual chargers and battery packs are also available as separate parts for both locators and transmitters.
We will endeavour to deliver your order right away. We will normally send your order to you the next working day for stock items. We dispatch orders Monday to Friday (excluding UK public holidays). Standard delivery days are Monday through to Friday, but we can also deliver on Saturdays at an additional cost.
UK Mainland Standard Charges:
||Shipping - (GBP)
|Overnight (orders placed before 2.30pm
|We usually use Fedex for all UK Shipments
We ship world wide. All orders are fulfilled at our distribution centre in York England within 3 business days